Leeds Tequila Festival 2023
- Date & Time
- , –
- Age Restriction
Leeds Tequila Festival 2023
Last Summer we had the opportunity to showcase a new area of spirits for us – one we’ve always wanted to shout about. Fun and education are at the heart of what we do at Rolling Social Events so we were so delighted to see how receptive people were to the world of tequila. We had so much fun, we’re going back to The Tetley to do it all again.
Tequila and other Mexican spirits such as Mezcal and Sotol have never been more available than they have today. Whether you have just discovered the world of agave or simply enjoy a delicious margarita, Leeds Tequila Festival has something for all levels of interest.
In April 2023, we are bringing together some of the most exciting Mexican brands and their ambassadors to give you insight into these excellent liquids. Keep checking our social channels and this page for updates.
The Tetley is an iconic building turned into a contemporary art gallery in Leeds’ South Bank.
Included in your ticket will be:
- Tequila and Mexican spirits – all samples – from over 50 different brands. A wide range of tequilas, mezcals and other Mexican liquids such as Sotol
- The MONIN Margarita Speed Bar – how do you rate your home bartender skills? Have a go at making the fastest margarita of the day for a chance to win prizes!
- The Board Room – hosting a series of interactive discussions about the category
- DJ Marko Afro – playing a curated Tatintino-inspired playlist to set the tone
You will also have access to….
- The Latitude bottle shop – selling exclusive and rare products to take home
- The Tetley bar – featuring discounted Ocho tequila cocktails such as the Paloma and MONIN Margarita slushies alongside an accessible selection of beers, wines and softs
- The Tetley Taco stand – to keep you going for the evening, serving up meat and vegan options all night long!
Where is The Tetley and how do I get there?
You can find the location and travel info here
Where can I find parking and cycle bays?
You can find more info on the venue’s website here
How accessible is The Tetley?
You can find The Tetley’s access information here
I’ve never been to a spirit festival before. What should I expect?
When you arrive there will be the main tasting room with several stands. Each stand will be operated by knowledgeable ambassadors and experts so we encourage you to ask questions! Slightly aside from the main area will be some seating, food vendors and a bar if you need a break.
Do I need to know a lot about tequila?
Absolutely not! There are plenty of different styles and experts to help you find the right tequila for you. This is a great way to understand the category as a whole.
What exactly is a ‘sample’ of tequila?
A sample is around 15ml of liquid. Remember there will be plenty on offer, it’s a marathon, not a sprint!
Is there water available?
All guests receive bottled water upon entry. Tap and bottled water are available from The Tetley Bar. We encourage you to remain hydrated.
What do I need to bring with me?
Just your QR/bar code that comes with your e-ticket. It will be scanned upon entry, so have a printout, or it ready on your phone.
Will there be food available?
The Tetley will be serving up delicious tacos that can be preordered or ordered on the day. Depending on the weather they may be serving outside.
What is a masterclass?
Our masterclasses are a chance to get a more in-depth talk from the brands. All of them cover different topics and a range of styles. A timetable will be published nearer to the event. The masterclasses will take place in the boardroom upstairs, a lift is available.
Do the masterclass cost extra?
No, they are included in the ticket price but are only available to a limited number of guests.
Do I have to book the masterclasses?
Our masterclasses are first come first served and only host approximately 20 people. Please make sure you queue at least 15 minutes before the class starts to avoid disappointment.
Are there just spirits available?
We also have the Tetley Bar serving craft beer, wine and Mexican cocktails.